Attys is an open source wearable high precision bluetooth data acquisition device
Science & Technology
High precision data acquisition
Record heart activity (ECG), muscle activity (EMG), brain activity, eye movements (EOG), temperature, pressure and any other sensor signal at 24 bits resolution and transmit it uncompressed to your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Rapid app development
Develop rapidly your own health apps with the Attys by using our open source software as a starting point.
Learn to measure, record and analyse data with your phone or PC
The Attys is a general purpose data acquisition device and is perfect for teaching where students can write apps for their own mobile phones, tablets or PC.
Learn how to record (bio-)signals
Record ECG, EMG, EOG or EEG and write mobile phone or tablet apps using our open source apps as a starting point.
Schools / STEM teaching
Measure from a wide range of sensors
Attys connects to virtually any sensor to measure pressure, light intensity, temperature, voltage, current, … for Science, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Math teaching.Google’s Science Journal is the perfect app for this purpose and it talks to Attys! It’s fun to use and is a great program to learn how to measure data from around you.
See how it works
Kirsty shows you how the Attys works by measuring pressure, temperature and her ECG.
Open source & data
- Open data format: AttysScope stores the data as tab separated values as its been recorded at the inputs of the Attys (no filtering, no other tricks)
- Easy to use JAVA and C++ classes to talk to the Attys
- Directly read comma separated values (CSV) from the Attys straight into your application, for example MATLAB(tm)
- Open source programs in JAVA and C++ on github
- Open firmware in C
- Analogue inputs
- Resolution: 24bit
- Full scale range: +/-2.42V differential and +/-1.21V single ended
- PGA with the following gain factors: 1,2,3,4,6 (default),8 and 12
- Sampling rate: 125Hz or 250Hz
- ADS1292 A/D converter chip
- Resolution: 16bit
- Full scale range: 2G, 4G, 8G, 16G (default)
- MPU9250 IMU
- Resolution: 16bit
- Full scale range: 4800.0E-6T
- Sampling rate: 8Hz
- AK8963 magnetometer
- Communication method: rfcomm also known as the serial port emulation
- Data format
- CSV (125Hz) or base64 encoded binary data (125Hz/250Hz) with cr/lf after every sample
- Text commands to configure Attys
- Power supply: USB mini connector for charging. Battery lifetime approx 8hrs for continuous transmission
- LED indicators for: connected (blue), charging (red), charged (green) and CPU status (green)
Tweets by attys_daq
As featured in:
Looking for open source USB based DAQs? Visit our partner website USB-DUX: